There are two major regulatory agencies in the United States.
- Commodities Futures Trade Commission (CFTC) (http://www.cftc.gov/About/HistoryoftheCFTC/index.htm
- National Futures Association (NFA) https://www.nfa.futures.org/about/index.html
Foreign regulatory Agencies
- The Financial Conduct Authority( FCA) and Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA), UK (https://www.fca.org.uk/about/the-fca)
- Finanstilsynet Denmark (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_Supervisory_Authority_(Denmark))
- Swiss Federal Department of Finance. Switzerland (https://www.efd.admin.ch/efd/en/home.html
- Association Romande des Intermediaries Financiers http://www.arif.ch/-EN-
- Hong Kong Securities and Futures commissionhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securities_and_Futures_Commission
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission https://www.australia.gov.au/directories/australia/asic
- Cyprus Securities and Exchange CSommission (CYSEC) https://www.forextraders.com/cysec/
How long you should hold an open position, is a personal thing for all traders. The decision is all yours. You know what your goals are as a trader, the kind of strategy you use to trade. All this starts from what you are? and What you want? If I am to answer, this...